Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Map!

We're prepping The Mystery of the Golden Goddess for publication, and as we work on it, I wanted to take this opportunity to tell you that I have a map!

As I've mentioned before, when I wrote The Mystery of the Golden Goddess, I drew a map of the nations involved so that I could get a grasp on their geography and how they related to each other.  (I am such a Serious Writer.  You have no idea.  SUPER PROFESSIONAL.)  The map I drew myself was horribly simplistic and laughably ugly, so Diamond was kind enough to draw a professional map for me.  It'll be included in The Mystery of the Golden Goddess to give readers (you!) an idea of the countries under discussion.

The two countries at the top and the one in the middle (Klase, Elkennes, and Hac Sawj) used to be one unified country, Hac Jawesse.  Then there was civil war and other bad stuff, and the country split up into the three nations you see today.  The guy who's on the throne of Hac Sawj today is part of a long line of kings leading back to the throne of Hac Jawesse.

And there's your cursory history lesson on nonexistent kingdoms!

In other news, we're hoping to have some Kindle versions of everything up sooner, rather than later.  Fingers crossed!


1 comment:

  1. Yay! I love maps. First thing I look at when I read a fantasy novel.

    ReplyDelete