Sunday, January 29, 2012

Suitors

Emmytie and Sylvie, I really appreciate the support!  And the recommendation.  I'll look into it.

I've been working on short stories for A Suitor's Tale this weekend.  I need to finish "A Judge's Tale" and edit "A Vizier's Tale," but "A Senator's Tale" is going very well.  Can't wait for you to read it!

Hunh.  I was going to stop there, but maybe I should explain.  Bade and Xio Voe got their own stories (you know, The Purple Book and The Rainbow Book, maybe you've heard of them!) but the rest of the suitors we saw wanted their own stories to be told.  So each one got a short story to flesh out what happened to him after he met Anosukinom.

All of the suitors' stories will be gathered together for publication in A Suitor's Tale.  The ones already on the site (Aiae, Dranz, T'rin, Dillane, Gael) plus the ones I haven't finished (Wamesh, Lansester, Jonan) along with "A Brother's Tale" (spun off from Aiae's story).

I enjoy writing the suitors' stories.  It's fun to write about cultures outside of Orina Anoris.

Who's your favorite suitor?  Which suitor's story did you like the most, or which one are you looking forward to?

2 comments:

  1. Yay new stories!!!

    I loved A Painter’s Tale, A Prince’s Tale and A Brother’s Tale the best (what, you can’t expect me to just pick one!) It’s certainly interesting to learn about the different foreign cultures, but I also really liked seeing their view of Kudorin and Orina Anoris, learning about their motivations for pursuing the marriage, and their version of events that transpired. It’s one thing to be told why the suitors are leaving, to see it actually happen from their own POV is much more fun :D

    I want to know what Wamesh thinks of Gael.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For me my favourite suitors story is The Purple Book BUT of your short stories, it's The Painter's Tale and The Brother's Tale, especially The Brother's Tale. I love that story and have re-read it often.

    ReplyDelete