Tuesday, October 18, 2011

The Places of ITL

Primary setting: Orina Anoris.  Main capital: Orikodisata.

In The Purple Book, you'll learn about:

Nosupolis, a little mountain country in the middle of nowhere, ruled by King Mindo
Ilaeia, a major cultural center, home of some of the world's most important art, ruled by King Ouia
Lorbain, one of the world's major powers, ruled by the unethical Sultan of Lorbain
The plains, where clans like the Kela live and battle each other for access to precious resources like water
Vafiance, a nation suffering greatly from a long drought

There are also places like Mannillea (where Ambassador Dillane is from) and Grenade Sandwich (not how it's actually spelled in ITL, just how I pronounce it) which has been at war with Vektin Kchet.

There are hints in The Purple Book of Orina Anoris' rival, the Jacacean Empire.  You'll learn more about Jacacea in The Rainbow Book, I assure you.

People have asked for a map of ITL's world, but the series is so large and will go on for so long that I don't want to limit myself.  I see no need to pin every detail of the geographical world down concretely.  Also, I personally have no ability to draw a map.  I tried to sketch one for a short story and ended up failing miserably.  Maybe I'll post it later so you can all point and laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment